12 New ways to Construct Your current Home Christmas Holiday Customs – A part IIOn March 21, 2022 by Basit Khatri97
Family Christmas Holiday Tradition gives us freedom and guidance in a period that is otherwise hectic and stressful, and often unorganized. Tradition gives us a blueprint of how our family anticipates and loves the holiday season, what they expect, how they want to celebrate.
7. When the holiday draws nearer, we children got more and more excited. When we were high-spirited and tempestuous, mom just had a need to say. “Look, an angle’s hair!” And we would try awe and see a really golden hair. Little did we realize that mom should have made some gift packages and the golden threat should have fallen on the floor. But for us children this was a certain sign that Christmas was near. Mom left signs of the coming holy night everywhere for people, so we would remember to be good, and patient, and kind. This caused it to be easier for people children, who yearned for that long awaited Christmas Day!
8. Then, 1 day the wait was over – the 24th of December dawned. We children had to take a little afternoon nap – I am sure mom needed enough time to make last adjustments to the Christmas tree and the arrangement of our Christmas presents. In Europe the Christmas tree is the highlight of the 24th. The tree is hidden from view for kids, and for the first time observed in the holy night when the door to the Christmas room magically opens. The room is locked already the night before Christmas. We children were especially attentive – maybe we would hear a movement in the Christmas room – maybe an angle came by – or the Christkind personally – to bring presents!
9. The nap on the 24th was very difficult for people kids. Who will sleep when this kind of excitement lies in the air? When we finally got up, we laid on our best clothes. Then mom was included with the original Christmas storybook! It was an account of a little boy named Heinele, who’s mother had sent him out in rags into the bitter cold winter night to offer toys to the busy people on the streets – who rushed home to their family celebration without even noticing him. The boy went into the woods and as he looked in the snow – lonely and ice cold – he found the Golden Star of Christmas.
At once in heaven, the angles were hectic, trying to find the Golden Star that Christkind had lost because it flew over the winter world on earth. Finally they found the frozen boy, holding the Golden Star tight in his hand. He was dead. They took the boy into heaven. Here it absolutely was warm. It gave plenty to eat, and Heinele was truly happy – probably for the first time in his young life. But the great boy, as he saw that his mother in the cold house down on the planet was crying because her child did not come home, returned to earth to comfort his mom, bringing her true Christmas love. Love reigned within the joy and comfort of remaining in heaven. A true sacrifice.
And while we children wait every word that originated from mom’s lips, suddenly – first faint but louder – we heard the clear Christmas bell. It signaled that Christkind was here! We’d rash to the Christmas room. The doors silently swung open. And we would stand there in awe, still and devout, our wide open eyes reflecting Christmas Spirit. The Christmas tree would stand in most its magic beauty – brightly shining with many real candles and magic stars. We’d sing Christmas carols and dad would browse the Christmas story from the Holy Bible.
Finally we children could rush to our Christmas presents – many big and little gift-wrapped boxes in most colors, decorated with beautiful ribbons and a fir twig on each gift box. We had each only a little extra corner right beneath the Christmas tree, and near to the crib where Maria and Josef and the beautiful baby would remind us of the reason for our joy. To find our space, the packages had little cards with this names on them. And the Ah and Oh was great!
10. And mom did not your investment lonely people outside. She put a hot shining candle in each window to greet those that were lonely and cold this night.
11. The Christmas dinner was another highlight of the day. We had our traditional fish dinner with potato salad which I loved. The table was set with grace and glister. Each set had a mandarin that held a Christmas candle. Fir twigs were decorating the table. It was festive and the candle light reflected inside our smiles!
12. The Midnight Christmas mass was for the older kids. From the sitting in church and seeing the happy smiles on every face. winter and christmas holidays This alone showed me that in this special night magic should have occurred. I possibly could see the newest hat, the newest shawl, new boots that people were wearing. Everyone had something new this night. And if it was not a brand new piece of cloth, it absolutely was the renewed hope and light within their heart that held the promise that life is good and all is well, no matter living circumstances.
Today I am old. My children are out of the house and I am alone again. But at The holidays are, I still remember my family’s holiday tradition: the haunting scent of Christmas; the dazzling light that lightens a person’s eye that looks into the planet with hope; music and laughter that fills the hearts and the area at Christmas eve. I thank my parents for the wonderful Christmas tradition that they had given us – a tradition that lives on …
When Christmas holiday draws near, don’t let yourself be burdened by stressful last minute holiday preparations. Follow your time proven family holiday tradition – and if you don’t have any occasion tradition yet, manifest your personal! Utilize a number of the suggestions I shared with you from our own family Christmas holiday tradition.